Company History

We love what we do. The passion we have for our work enables us to take ownership of our clients' projects. We constantly strive to deliver the highest-quality products possible.

There is no greater satisfaction than delivering a finished product that helps a client reach their goals and objectives.

Guiding Principles

A hobby turned into a 50+ year, three generation business when Edward A. Neal, a teacher and Superintendent of Consolidated School District No. 4, purchased a used Chandler and Price handfed press in the late 1940’s and installed it in the dining room of his home.
During the next several years he and his wife, Alice, learned to operate the press, at first as a hobby, and later as a home business, that they called Neal Publishing House. In 1954 they purchased a Heidelberg “windmill” press and moved their shop to the basement of their home. Ed and Alice’s son, Mike, started learning the printing business while he was in junior high, first by “dropping” the handcast type, and later learning to operate both the handfed press and the Heidelberg.
Upon Mike’s college graduation, he returned to Grandview and the printing business. In 1963, Ed and Alice Neal, James and Helen Settle and Mike and Connie Neal joined forces and formed Neal/Settle Printing, Incorporated and moved to 716 Main Street. Ed and Alice retired in the early 1970’s.
During much of this period of time, over 40 percent of the company’s work came from schools, churches and organizations. Much of this work consisted of publications that were typeset and printed through yearly contracts with various customers.
In 1983 the third generation of the Neal family joined the business when Rex, Mike and Connie’s son, worked summers while attending Central Missouri State University where he majored in Graphic Arts. Upon graduation Rex joined Neal/Settle full time. When the Settles retired in 1987, the Neals became full owners of the business.
In 1994, Neal/Settle constructed a new 6500 sq. ft. facility on Norby Road in Grandview. An expansion in 1999 has increased the size of the plant to nearly 10,000 sq. ft. A 2nd building directly across the street from the existing plant was acquired in 2016.
Neal/Settle has experienced continuous, controlled growth during our entire 50+ years in business. We are now one of the most well-respected medium sized printing companies in the area. Our success is a direct result of our ability to listen, understand and respond to the needs of our many loyal customers.